Personal Injury / Civil Litigation
Bed Bug Cases
Bed bugs are a growing problem across the U.S., causing significant injuries to those harmed. Knowing your legal rights is the first step to recovery. Unfortunately those injured are oftentimes taken advantage of by insurance companies and property owners. Injured parties are made to feel at fault for the bites across their bodies and in some cases they are told lies by hotel managers. It is important that you understand your rights and know that you can file a lawsuit for your injuries.
Who Is Liable for My Bed Bug Bites?
Fault for bed bug cases will depend on knowledge of whether the condition exists. Knowing whether a potentially dangerous condition exists is necessary to proving liability. If the landlord, property owner, or hotel owner knew of the condition and failed to take appropriate steps to correct it.
- Can you sue a hotel for bed bugs? Absolutely. Hotel and motel operators are in the business of making a profit. It costs them money if they are not able to rent a room out. So in many cases it is in their best interest to hide or conceal the fact that bed bugs exist on the property. In select cases they will advise the cleaning staff to not mention or make aware of the issue of bed bugs on the property. In turn they will continue to rent out a room, which is not habitable. As a result many more guests will continue to be bit and harmed.
- Can you sue your landlord for bed bugs? The short answer is yes. Apartment owners much like hotel operators will fail to take proper steps to inform their tenants of the infestation. In many cases will attempt to blame the issue on the tenants themselves causing them to suffer added humiliation. Additionally, they will fail to remediate the problem and the infestation will grow to surrounding or adjoining units in the building. In such cases the landlord can be responsible when they fail to take steps to remedy the situation.
Filing a Bed Bug Bite Lawsuit
According to Personal Injury Laws, victims of severe injuries including bed bug bites are entitled to compensation for all losses arising from the wrongful acts of landlords, hotel owners, and managers. Type of injuries and losses recoverable are as follows.
- All medical and health related expenses.
- All future rehabilitation care including cosmetic surgery to eliminate keloid scarring.
- All damaged and destroyed property including clothing, luggage, furniture and household items.
- Pain and Suffering including mental anguish and Post Traumatic Stress
- Loss of wages due to inability to work
- Loss of future earning capacity due to long term or permanent disability
- Punitive damages, where the property owner has displayed acts of gross recklessness in the upkeep of the property
Medical Bills and Bed Bug Infestations
Medical bills are not always present in bed bug cases. This can be a negotiating point used by many insurance companies to reduce the value of your claim. Oftentimes many allow the bites to heal on their own. In such cases it is not required that you actually seek medical treatment, but instead just let them heal naturally.
Attorneys Who Care
The attorneys at Law Office of Garry Barbadillo are dedicated to providing expert legal representation to individuals and families who have sustained bites due to the failure of hotel operators and apartment building owners to provide for sanitary living conditions.
Why Choose Us
- No fees or costs until your case is settled or won.
- Expert and knowledgeable attorneys who have a history of litigation against property owners and hotels for bed bug bite injuries.
- Free no-cost legal evaluation of your case. All case reviews are 100% confidential and free.
- Access to speak with an attorney immediately 24/7.
- We treat every client with the respect and dignity deserved and protect their right to compensation against unscrupulous property owners and hotel operators.
If you need legal assistance on this matter, contact us online or call (408) 772-5469 to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.